The GDPR is confusing as hell to some people, so I thought I’d break down my policy for you all in plain English to understand what I do with your data.
Check it out below.
Who the fuck am I, and why do I need your data?
For now, I am just one person running this website. The only person who has access to your data is me. Along with SEO, I run my own email, Facebook, Instagram, & LinkedIn advertising and marketing.
I couldn’t care less about stealing your identity, I’m busy enough with my own life as it is, let alone trying to impersonate someone else’s.
Aside from advertising to you, the only reason that I have and/or use your data is so that you can consume the information that I provide, as well as to communicate with you after you have made contact with me.
The main purpose of this site is:
- To show you that I know my shit.
- Generate business for myself once you see how good I am – Hopefully you call, text, or email me to get started working together.
- To share some Knaawledge, news, and updates.
- Other cool magic SEO shit.
Are Cookies Used?
Am I Being Tracked?
Ah, in case you haven’t noticed already, you are on a digital marketers site… OF COURSE I’M TRACKING YOU.
I wouldn’t be doing my job right if I wasn’t.
I track you for a few reasons:
- For analytical data such as Google Analytics – Allowing me to see what pages you went to on my site, where you came from, and where you left. I need to do this so that I can constantly improve my site and make it better/easier to use.
- Pixels – I use tracking pixels such as a Facebook pixel and LinkedIn Pixel in order to run adverts to you on social media. This means that my ads can actually follow you around once you visit my website!
Do I store your information?
If you contact me, yes. If you don’t then I don’t.
Facebook & Google will most likely take your IP address and store it on behalf of me without either of us knowing. If I had that info, I wouldn’t even know what to do with it so it doesn’t really matter.
As of right now, I have nothing to sell, so you can’t really give me any sensitive data.
If you contact me, I don’t automatically add you to some crap list where you get spammed with emails. The information is kept solely for communication between you and me.
What do I do with all this shit?
Typically, if you visit particular pages on my site, like Local SEO for example, you will likely be shown an advert on Facebook or Instagram about my SEO services.
If you contact me with questions or want to work together, then I magically associate your
As said before, any analytics or tracking data is used for the purpose of improving my website. That is all.
What about if you don’t want me to have your info?
If you don’t want me to have your info, then I don’t want your info. It’s that simple, just let me know and I’ll manually remove it.
As for whatever the hell Google and Facebook grab
If you want to prevent them from having your data, your best bet is to:
- Delete any and all apps related to them.
- Burn, smash, melt or destroy any laptops, computers, smart devices and smart appliances you have.
- Buy a tent and go live in the woods until Google’s AI robots come and assimilate you.